New logo

C. Boemann cbo at boemann.dk
Fri Oct 7 09:31:11 BST 2011

On Friday 07 October 2011 08:58:10 Inge Wallin wrote:
> On Thursday, October 06, 2011 18:38:23 Thorsten Zachmann wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > here is the logo Eugene has worked on for us. He took our comments and
> > new we can see the result here. That is the time for final comments and
> > praise. I hope all are satisfied with the result.
> >
> > Thorsten
>
> The logo looks nice as such.  But I would also like some enhancements for
> specializations like:
>
> Calligra Office Engine
> Calligra Active
> Calligra Mobile
> you get the picture...
>
> The question is where to put the text and how to integrate it with the
> generic logo.
Hmm. Let's not water down our logo. That was the big mistake with the previous
logos. It became more like icons of the apps.

I've never seen IBM DB2, Shell Unleaded have their own variations of a company
logo.Sure  MS Office uses the ms logo but it's far from the focal point of the
ms office logo

So let's try and use only the Calligra logo combined with Calligra Active,
Calligra Words etc in plain text and not combined as a new logo but just in
context.

For the Calligra Office Engine we may want an adaption, but let's be damned sure
we don't create the mess we had in KOffice, and really push for a single logo.