New logo

Jaroslaw Staniek staniek at kde.org
Thu Oct 6 20:04:14 BST 2011

On 6 October 2011 20:48, Jaroslaw Staniek <staniek at kde.org> wrote:
> Cool work, and guidelines are important if we want to be easily recognizable.
> Do be strict, existence the guidelines does not mean the logo is not
> available under free license.
> Even old good debian has them [1].
>
> I volunteer to work on extensive usage guidelines for the logos if you
> give me green light.

In case someone wonders what can be improved, one example: 2mm margins
would translate to just a few pixels, so the logo would be too close
to border, e.g. a border of web page. Having border 30%-50% of the
logo height improves that. The logo is then "easy on the eyes".

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek
 http://www.linkedin.com/in/jstaniek