Calligra Logo in 2.4 packages

Jaroslaw Staniek staniek at kde.org
Wed Nov 30 08:11:05 GMT 2011

Hello,
Since we have now sorted out licensing of Calligra Suite logo artwork
[1], it can be displayed within web content and also within
applications (i.e. not compiled in). It can also be included by
distributions, also (that was
mentioned in our discussions before) by Debian with its Debian Free
Software Guidelines [2].

To take advantage of branding a bit, as a start for 2.4 I propose to
have a small 100 px bitmap available to all calligra applications in
shared place.
I propose calligra/libs/main in the source tree and installation to
$PREFIX/share/apps/calligra/pics/.

If that's OK I would commit.

After than, as a first use I would place the logo on the Kexi's
Welcome page very soon, see mockup [3].

[1] http://community.kde.org/Calligra/Logos
[2] http://community.kde.org/Talk:Calligra/Logos#Logo_artwork_license_2
[3] http://kexi-project.org/pics/2.4/rc1/kexi-2.4-calligra-branding-mockup.png