some feedback on calligrawords and the styles by default

Sebastian Sauer mail at dipe.org
Fri Nov 25 15:35:41 GMT 2011

On 11/24/2011 08:51 PM, C. Boemann wrote:
> On Thursday 24 November 2011 20:32:44 Adrien wrote:
>> C. Boemann wrote:
>>> Thanks, we even have a bug mentioning basically the same
>>> Your's is in more detail
>>>
>>> All we need is someone contributing a blank document. It can be created
>>> with LibreOffice. So if anyone out there likes to contribute, please do
>>> so..
>> Hi,
>>
>> Here is my proposal, with an empty document and another with text to see
>> the styles. I juste defines a style for the main title, 4 levels of
>> titles, subtitle, quotes and formatted text.
>>
>> The fonts liberation (serif, mono) are used and URW Chancery is used for
>> the main title.
>>
>> Let me know if you like it or not ;-)
>>
>> Adrien
> hi
>
> I'm not sure if I'm the best to judge. Ideally it would be a professional.
>
> For sure it has many improvements over the old.
>
> I'm not sure the chancery font is good for a neutral template, and the fonts
> also switch Serif.
>
> Anyone else with opinions?

Here my opinion;
1) imho the default should be more neutral. Means don't use different
fonts for e.g. header 2 and header 3. Title can be different imho but
should still be readable and more neutral.
2) the header's should have numberings enabled per default
3) Why is one of the headers named "ing 1" and the others "header 2",
"header 3", etc.?
4) I would prefer Sans over Sarif for the textbody as well. It's easier
to read and the subpixel-prob isn't as visible with it.
5) I like the preformatted text very much. Pretty cool :-)

I guess especially for the default template, which I hope this is
becoming once tweaked a bit, we can ask what audience we like to target.
At least boemann and myself defined the typical
(informatics/maths/physics-)student as target interesting. So, neutral,
professional, simple comes here to my mind.

But then as Jaroslaw wrote we indeed could target way more users by
providing more then one template. Think of one for designers, one for
artists, etc. pp. We could then either ship with more then one (well, we
already do but then are not really that good) and/or over them to
download e.g. via GetHotNewStuff (KGHNS).