Compass Shape Plug-in

Jean-Nicolas Artaud jeannicolasartaud at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 12:36:29 GMT 2011

2011/11/23 Thorsten Zachmann <t.zachmann at zagge.de>

> Hello Jean,
>
> On Tuesday, November 22, 2011 12:59:54 Jean-Nicolas Artaud wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I am currently working on a workshop. For this I would like to
> > show how to add a plug-in. This plug-in should be a compass
> > shape (a circle with an angle basically) I've written some code
> > for that (you can see it as a git diff joined). It is not ended, but
> > I already have a trouble because nothing is added to the shapes
> > and especially in the quickShapes. My question is, what is missing
> > and/or wrong in my patch so that it could be added to the shapes ?
>
> is there a good reason you want it to show up in the list of 5 quickly
> accessed shapes. As there is limited space it should be used for important
> shapes. A compass is not really something the user often needs. Or did I
> misunderstand you question and the compass it not even showing up at all?

In fact, it's a useless shape, and it will never be pushed. The point of the
workshop I am managing is to show how to manipulate calligra plug-ins. A
compass is a good example (only one variable) and it will only be an
exercise
and nothing more. Showing where the shape could appear in the ui seems to be
cool :-)

> One think I notices in the
>
> plugins/compassshape/CMakeList.txt
>
> that you link to pathshapes which is also a plugin and therefore you cannot
> link to. It seems not to be used so it can be removed I guess.

Oh, that's the good thing, I've just tried to remove it, and it fixes
my trouble.

> Thorsten

Thank you

--