results from

Thorsten Zachmann t.zachmann at zagge.de
Tue Nov 22 06:14:59 GMT 2011

Hello all,

from what I have read about the rename of Calligra Tables into something else
I must have to say that up to now I have not seen anthing I would say lets
change it to this very very good new name. There has been not one very very
good result that would justify the rename in my point of view.

As said before I think Calligra Tables is actually a quite good name for that
it does. It has rows and columns as a table does. And also I don't see the
problems that Jaroslaw points out. You can say "Export to Calligra Tables" if
it is not "Export to ODS". But then it maybe should be named "Open in Calligra
Tables" to be more in line with what it does and everybody will understand
that it starts the Calligra spreadsheet application. Export for me clearly
states it puts it in a format of what you define.

Also I don't think we should rename one of our applications now as it is way
to close to the release and it will take a lot of effort to do the actual
change again like what Marjin has done when the rename of the application was
done the last time. It is not only the application that needs to be changed it
is also the website and graphics and so on that all need to be changed to make
such a change.

Thorsten