results from

Jaroslaw Staniek staniek at kde.org
Mon Nov 21 10:40:11 GMT 2011

On 21 November 2011 10:53, Sebastian Sauer <mail at dipe.org> wrote:
> On 11/21/2011 09:11 AM, Jaroslaw Staniek wrote:

>>> I agree. The sucks. Also the list of names is so bad that I don't wonder
>>> it
>>> wins. Even more worse now we destroyed the nice idea the brand and the
>>> app
>>> names had :-(
>>
>> Sorry guys, that was discussed already
>
> Sorry, where was this discussed before? At the sprint where none of those
> hacking on Tables participated [*]? In the mail that already included the
> list of possible options set in stone [**]?

As you and all the core contributors know for first time it all
started in November 2010 before the split on private list (natural
choice for us by then). The 2nd sprint was exactly year after.
Some people used the time to find out that there are problems with the
name Tables. Discussion continued on IRC not once, some of use were
interested but naturally some others did not care, what's natural too.

> [*] Wasn't there once the rule that during sprints no decisions should be
> made cause it excludes to many non-participants?

Oh no, e.g. I have heard there were decisions regarding the text
layout engine or important decisions regaring krita development, to
name just these two, and yet not all the contributors potentially
interested were able to attend.
I agree all this looks really chaotic especially in the eyes of non-participant.

> [**] Cause nobody proposed a renamed before discussion is irrelevant? (this
> takes reference to your reply to a mail asking exactly for such a
> discussion).

Decision belongs to Marijn... hmm I am afraid he may be confused now
because all of this discussion.
What I said is that all this discussion on whether Abacus is very good
or very bad started one year ago. Last time, Tables won over Abacus.
The maintainer decides, but who hosted the discussion decides on the
rules how to produce input for the maintainer. Every rule could be
better in some optics e.g. we could wait longer and rename after the
first stable Calligra - that would be worse in my opinion.

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek
 http://www.linkedin.com/in/jstaniek