Calligra Branding Presentation & Draft of Guidelines

Jaroslaw Staniek staniek at kde.org
Sun Nov 20 20:28:36 GMT 2011

Hello,
Updated draft #4 has been linked to
[1] http://community.kde.org/Calligra/Logos#The_Calligra_Suite_Logo_Usage_Guidelines

- Updates are explained at [2]
http://community.kde.org/Talk:Calligra/Logos#TODOs_3
 - Also improved [3] http://community.kde.org/Calligra/Logos

Action point: we should proceed to finalize the guidelines document
and agree on the license for the logo artwork. The proposed license is
CC-BY-SA 3.0. The discussion that we see in this thread give answer to
a lot of possible questions, show reasoning and also open new
questions that are now addressed by the new draft #4. Because of this
the guidelines draft #4 is longer by 1.5 pages compared draft 3. The
text have been reviewed by Boud and proofread by Irina (thanks!).

For any voting (on the artwork licensing and the guildelines) to be
possible other proposals and reasoning is needed, so far I understand
that there are no other voices and we have somewhat concluded that
LGPL does not add anything special in addition to the CC license. I
propose to wait 7 calendar days more, i.e. until November 28th.

When we have final document it and [3] would land on calligra.org as a
central point. Then we can link to [1] from all our footers like
kde.org sites do in case of other KDE trademarks.

TODO: more sizes and maybe SVG version at [3].

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek
 http://www.linkedin.com/in/jstaniek