Suggestion: depend on writerperfect directly for wordperfect/visio/works import filter

Yue Liu yue.liu at mail.com
Sat Nov 19 01:26:12 GMT 2011

Hello,

Recently when working on visio import filter I found I'm basically
copy codes from writerperfect. Then I investigated wpd import filter
in words and found it used codes from a old version of writerperfect,
wpg import filter in karbon used a convenience method from libwpg to
convert to svg but some apps don't support svg well. If I implement
vsd2odg and wpg2odg I have to copy codes again from writerperfect.

So I think why not depend on writerperfect directly? It will save a
lot of maintenance effort, and if we want to do any improvement we can
go upstream directly. Writerperfect is maintained by the authors of
libwpd,libwps,libvisio,libwpg, and many distros already have
package(libvisio has no stable release yet so we need to depend on git
version currectly, i've made PKGBUILDs for Arch).

Best Regards,
Yue Liu