Calligra Words mission statement and roadmap (1st draft)

Adam Pigg piggz1 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 12:29:25 GMT 2011

Cool stuff, this is essentially what koreport does for kexi and plan
reports. Access to the report internals and on* events.

--
Sent from my Nokia N9

On 15/11/2011 10:44 Sebastian Sauer wrote:
**
On 11/15/2011 04:05 AM, Sebastian Sauer wrote:

On 11/14/2011 09:54 PM, Adam Pigg wrote:

On a similar note, imagine the possibility of embedding JS in a document,
and defining a function such as
function calligra_version()  { return "2.6"; }

 then, having some kind of user field that contained '=calligra_version()'
that would display the appropriate content/

In my opinion we should lobby for that to become part of a future ODF
release.

So far the only way to get such dynamic functionality in is using macros.
But macros suck and
to my knowledge there functionality is not really specified in the specs.
Since this days we have
so many different Javascript-implementations around + they allow to sandbox
(unlike python
for exampl) + they are light and fast (unlike Java) and are already a de
facto standard in HTML
it would make sense to gt Javascript into ODF as official
"scripting-language". The hard work
would then be to define API/functionality exposed by the applications so
the Javascript can
do something with the application.

I just created
http://community.kde.org/Calligra/Proposal_for_scripting_in_ODF for that.