Voting for the best name for the Caligra Spreadsheet Application

Jaroslaw Staniek staniek at kde.org
Mon Nov 14 22:01:51 GMT 2011

On 14 November 2011 22:49, Markus Slopianka <markus.s at kdemail.net> wrote:
> On Montag 14 November 2011 21:06:12 C. Boemann wrote:
>
>> Just to get it straight - it's not possible to add new suggestions to the
>> vote
>>
>> but Abacus is one of the choices
>
> Wow, now we know Abacus and Tables.
> I mean, I at least somehow get why one might not let any random person vote but why are
> the options even secret? Especially as it is (quote) “still just a suggestion to Marijn
> who will make the final decision.”

> Heck, someone may come up with a name here Marijn likes a whole lot so the vote would be
> irrelevant anyway…

No, the above is irrelevant: nobody came up with the idea of vote and
great name during all these months.
If starting the vote during in person meeting provokes great
productivity for you or anyone, great, let it be, but please consider
keeping the creative branstorming out of this list during this week
when voting happens. It's common knowledge that once voting starts,
influencing the results by interested parties is not allowed...

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek
 http://www.linkedin.com/in/jstaniek