Cyrille Berger Skott cberger at
Sat Nov 12 07:09:48 UTC 2011

On Friday 11 November 2011, Jaroslaw Staniek wrote:
> On 11 November 2011 21:48, Boudewijn Rempt <boud at> wrote:
> > On Friday 11 November 2011 Nov, Cyrille Berger Skott wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Yesterday, became available, so I have snatched it. So now
> >> we have to decide if we want to switch our domain name for the website
> >> from to just If we do decide so, we
> >> would keep pointing to for a little
> >> while.
> >
> > Hard call... There are already so many links to, so
> > I'm afraid we will need both for a long time.
> I second that.
It is not that a big deal, we would keep for a few years,
showing a message like this "The website has moved, please update your
bookmark to You will be redirected there
in 10 seconds."

Who remembers the original domain name of ubuntu ? (I will let you guess),
they have kept their original DNS for at least a year, maybe two, until they
switch to And Ubuntu was allready very much more popular than we

Just to say, that changing the main DNS is not such a big deal, yes sure, it
would have been better to have it a year ago, but we can keep calligra-, to avoid a break in the traffic.

So the question really is which DNS is better and calligra- Personnaly, I agree with Helder, that is much better,
especially since our logo is "calligra", we refer to ourself as the "calligra
project" packages are called "calligra", etc... The "suite" is just the set of
our applications.

> Congratulations on pulling back, I'd like to manage the
> same with ;)
It has more to do with luck than anything. I noticed the guy was not doing
anything with it, and was more likely to let the domain dies in August, and
then patience until it was deleted :) For, you seem to be in a
similar situation, except that the guy is renewing it, and that the value of is very high (4 letters and sill pronouncable).

Cyrille Berger Skott