New logo

Jaroslaw Staniek staniek at kde.org
Thu Nov 3 10:14:23 GMT 2011

On 3 November 2011 10:19, Boudewijn Rempt <boud at valdyas.org> wrote:
> On Thursday 06 October 2011 Oct, Thorsten Zachmann wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> here is the logo Eugene has worked on for us. He took our comments and new we
>> can see the result here. That is the time for final comments and praise. I hope
>> all are satisfied with the result.
>
> So, when all is said and done, what's the license of the logo and can I use it today to link to the calligra-suite website from the windows installer download page I'm making for kogmbh.com?

I think we agree that the logo should be registered probably by eV
(and "guarded" by usage guidelines that are mostly ready now) and in
the same time the artwork itself would be available under LGPL or
similar license. Quite different to what debian did. Logo usage on
kogmbh.com to reference the product is perfectly right assuming the
installer is proper distribution of Calligra.

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek
 http://www.linkedin.com/in/jstaniek