Random failures in the test kotext-odf-TestChangeTracking

Ganesh Paramasivam ganesh at crystalfab.com
Wed May 25 18:10:03 BST 2011

Casper,

I just took a quick look at this and here is the analysis

- A vast majority ( all ? ) of the test failures are due to failures
in saving delete changes.
- According to the original code, deleted fragments are inserted into
the document before a save and removed after a save.
- The code to do the above step was available in the saveOdf()
function of libs/kotext/KoTextShapeData.cpp
- I see that this file has been removed and on examining the git logs,
I see that this file has been moved to libs/textlayout
- Also looks like saveOdf() of KoTextShapeData() is never called (