Purpose of snapshots and calligra-suite.org, subjective look

Jaroslaw Staniek staniek at kde.org
Tue May 24 20:34:58 BST 2011

On 24 May 2011 19:10, Cyrille Berger Skott <cberger at cberger.net> wrote:
> calligra-suite.org is definitely aimed at users.
>
> However, currently we don't have much to offer them. So our message is aimed at
> people who are currently visiting the website: ie power users, KDE advanded
> users and developers. Gradually, when our releases become usuable by "normal"
> users, our message is going to shift to be more targeted at them.
>
> Similary, the snapshot is not meant for ordinary users, but for people who
> understand what they get.

OK, I assumed that's the case but how about
* splitting  calligra-suite.org for these two audiences
* or even having development/snapshots news published on
http://community.kde.org since it's a place for development efforts,
more available for editing? Our development is not cathedral, so maybe
let's also keep messaging more at baazar level?

I have also unanswered question about sample documents, where are
those exposed for users of snapshots?

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek
 http://www.linkedin.com/in/jstaniek