Cleaning your remote branch list

Sebastian Sauer mail at dipe.org
Wed Jun 29 22:53:35 BST 2011

On Wednesday 29 June 2011 10:39:25 Cyrille Berger Skott wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We just realized that git does not auto-clean the list of remote branches
> from your local clone. To do that, the best is to run "git remote prune
> origin", so that the list of branches only contains the active one.
>
> We do have a lot of branches, don't forget to tell Boudewijn or me when you
> are finished with a branch so that we kill it from the server.

following branches can be removed too;

remotes/origin/filters-smartart-sebsauer
remotes/origin/filters-smartart-sebsauer_2
remotes/origin/text-layoutprogressupdater-sebsauer
remotes/origin/textlayout-documentChangedPerformance-sebsauer
remotes/origin/textlayout-fix-infinite-anchor-loop-sebsauer
remotes/origin/words-emptyRootAreas-sebsauer
remotes/origin/words-layout_performance-sebsauer
remotes/origin/words-layout_performance-sebsauer_2