krita shape selection strategy

Dag Andersen danders at get2net.dk
Thu Jun 23 10:52:40 BST 2011

Tirsdag 21 juni 2011 20:13:14 skrev Cyrille Berger Skott:
> On Tuesday 21 June 2011, Dag Andersen wrote:
> > It seems krita has its own shape selection strategy.
> > When editing one shape, clicking on a different shape selcets the new
> > shape activating the interaction tool, so one has to doubleclick on this
> > shape to edit it.
> > Is this intentional?
> >
> > All (most?) other apps allow to go directly from editing one shape to
> > editing another with one click.
>
> Sounds rather like a bug to me.
Yes, looked a bit into this, but there is a lot of code and I've never used
krita so...
Anyways, afaics KoToolManager never gets the list of selected shapes in its
selectionChanged() slot because it does not work with the correct
shapemanager.
When a shape is added in krita, a new layer is created along with a canvas. I
think the canvas should be added to the tool manager (via its controller) with
KoToolManger::addController(), this never happens. Hence, the new shape
manager is not connected, and shapes added to it will never be handled.

This is a bit too deep into krita country for me try a fix (if even my
deductions are correct) so I'll have too leave this to somebody in the know.
--
Mvh.
Dag Andersen