Committing kundo2 patches tomorrow

Alexander Potashev aspotashev at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 13:22:38 BST 2011

Hi,

I'm going to commit the following 3 patches tomorrow, they will add
kundo2 library and make the whole Calligra use it:
1. https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/101414/ (add kundo2 library)
2. https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/101415/ (link Calligra to kundo2)
3. https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/101416/ (port all Calligra code
to use kundo2)

The third patch involves ~1700 lines, so you may expect conflicts when
you merge your branches to master. If you are going to commit some
huge changes to "master" soon, you might want me to defer pushing of
the above patches in order to avoid hundreds of conflicts.

I will probably even need to regenerate the third patch tomorrow to
avoid conflicts with changes that will happen in "master" during the
next hours. The third patch can be generated by running the script
https://github.com/aspotashev/libkundo2/blob/master/port-kundo2.sh
with argument "forward". Backward porting can be done by using the
same script with argument "backward".

In short, kundo2 is needed to make localization of undo actions more
flexible until Qt 4.8 is released. When Calligra dependencies will be
raised to Qt 4.8, we can drop kundo2 and switch back to Qt Undo
Framework.

--
Alexander Potashev