Raising the dependency of libffi.so

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Sat Jun 18 08:16:03 BST 2011

On Friday 17 June 2011 Jun, Dmitry Kazakov wrote:
> Hi!
>
> After I've updated to master i can't run Krita, as it crashes with:
>
> krita: error while loading shared libraries: libffi.so.4: cannot open shared
> object file: No such file or directory
>
> Yes, I don't have this library installed, but it used to work a month ago.
> It looks like added one dependency. Is it a bug? Or I just should install
> it?

It is not a direct dependency of calligra. Nothing in our code directly uses it, so I suspect it's a dependency of kde, qt or something else and that the reason it isn't installed is that the distro you use has broken something.

There's no reason for calligra to explicitly depend this library -- it's something transitive. And if I were you, I'd just insall it.

--
Boudewijn Rempt