Suggestions for a shortcut for Save Incremental Version

JL VT pentalis at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 19:07:22 BST 2011

I recently added a new feature to Krita, reachable at the Save
Incremental Version entry in the File menu.

Operation:
--When clicked, a file called foo.bar is saved as foo_001.bar.
--If the file was already called foo_001.bar, it is saved as
foo_002.bar, and so on.
--If a file with the new name already exists, a letter is added to the
incremental version, for example, foo_001a.bar. Incrementations
preserve this letter, for example the next save incremental will save
it as foo_002b.bar.
--If the user manually used an incremental version scheme between 2
and 4 numbers, for example foo_01.bar or foo_1029.bar, it will be
respected, saving a foo_02.bar and foo_1030.bar file respectively.
--The command will never ask the user to confirm to save a file (it is
meant to save time), and by the principle of least surprise, it will
also never overwrite an already-existing file.
--If the algorithm reaches its end searching for alternative names
(exhausts options going all the way up to a "z" letter, as in
foo_009z.bar, it will show the user an error asking to save the file
manually with an adequate name).

The question I have is:

What would be a good default shortcut for this feature?,

since it's a feature meant to save time, it should have a default
shortcut. But I'm actually completely unfamiliar with the shortcuts we
use and I think artists have a better idea of what would be good.

I also CC'd Calligra-devel to inform them of the feature and hopefully
catch a couple suggestions (also, if there's interest to make Save
Incremental Version Calligra-wide, it's not hard to relocate).