words crash, help needed

Sebastian Sauer mail at dipe.org
Thu Jun 16 00:58:42 BST 2011

On Wednesday 15 June 2011 15:16:44 Dag Andersen wrote:
> Onsdag 15 juni 2011 15:00:33 skrev Sebastian Sauer:
> > Seems meanwhile I found the reason why it crashes thanks to your hint :)
> > The fix is at http://pastebin.com/fsNFBwqY and the reason was that even
> > when the line wasn't fitting (cause it had a width of zero for example)
> > we still added one character to it. Will test a bit more, add an
> > infinite loop test and the commit. Guess we can probably still apply
> > your idea as Q_ASSERT (and comment) to make sure that a) we are dealing
> > with the proper frames and b) others are able to understand what that
> > code is supposed to do / how things are working together.
>
> OK, I'll await your solution then.

Please see c8e59763e75d207a5f559bf1beb4ef3f2e54ba3d

re the infinite loop; as more I think of it as more I am sure that it cannot
happen as long as we have pages which have a width >0.0 what is always the
case. Every other frame/shape in Words is explicit controlled area per area.

re assert; guess we already had two but both where diusabled :-( One at
KWRootAreaProvider.cpp:237 and the other at 408-469. Will test tomorrow a bit
more if enabling the one at 237 again is ok.