Proposal for new modifiers/shortcuts system

Dmitry Kazakov dimula73 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 10:13:59 BST 2011

Hi!

As we discussed at the last Krita sprint, Krita needs some common system to
manage keyboard shortcuts and modifiers. The problem is, different keyboard
keys should switch tools temporarily and restore the tool when the key is
released. E.g. we need canvas panning, rotation, color picking, brush
adjustments.

I was thinking about the design of this system. And i think it is better to
do it Calligra-wide. That's why I've published its design proposal to
Calligra wiki:

http://community.kde.org/Calligra/Libs/Interactional_Tools

Theoretically, all the other tools may be ported to it in the future, but
this is not mandatory as there are wrappers for old tools left.

So i would really like to hear your opinion about this system. Especially,
about naming of the classes =)

--
Dmitry Kazakov