[kde-doc-english] Re: Review Request: Replace koffice with calligra everywhere (withing calligra source code)

Burkhard Lück lueck at hube-lueck.de
Mon Jun 6 19:44:30 BST 2011

Am Montag, 6. Juni 2011, um 16:58:42 schrieb Albert Astals Cid:
> A Monday, June 06, 2011, Cyrille Berger Skott va escriure:
> > Hi,
> >
> > CCing kde-i18n-doc, since someone there will know better where
>
> > documentation entities are defined:
> kdelibs/kdoctools/customization/entities/general.entities
>
> But i don't really remember if we had a policy of adding or not adding more
> stuff there.

Entities are used to keep the naming consistent in kde, to make translation
easier (Ctrl+T -2 keys - in Lokalize copies the entitiy from msgid to msgstr,
type Calligra - 8 keys) and to be able to change e.g a spelling of name with a
one line change. With this change in kdelibs all kde docbooks - no matter
inside kde or outside, no matter what language - will automatically without
any change in the docbooks use the new spelling if compiled with the new
kdelibs.

General rule of thumb:
entities in general.entities - untranslatable, can be used in any docbook
entities in user.entities - translatable, can be used in any docbook
entities in index.docbook, untranslatable, can only be used in docbooks
included in this index.docbook.

In this case calligra (application names, calligra suite name) using entities
in general.entities should be preferred.
But introducing these new entities now in kdelibs (branch 4.6.5, master
coming 4.7.0) will raise the requirement to build calligra to these minimum
kdelibs versions and that is afaik a higher requirement than now for the code.

To avoid this raised minimum kdelibs version you have to:
1) add all entities you want to use in general.entities *now* in kdelibs 4.6.5
+ 4.7.0
2) add them as well to the header of *all* index.docbooks in calligra docs

Now wait until the build reqirements for calligra code reaches kdelibs
4.6.5/4.7.0, then remove these entities from the header of all index.docbooks
in calligra docs.

--
Burkhard Lück