Fwd: [calligra] libs/kotext/styles: Use QTextLength for paragraph margins

Thorsten Zachmann t.zachmann at zagge.de
Fri Jun 3 16:27:13 CEST 2011

Hello Pierre,

> Because of the following commit, regressions may happen in text layout. I
> did the needed changes to keep everything compiling, I did fixes in
> libs/textlayout to make sure it uses the proper values (btw, using
> QTextFormat is not enough, it's much better to just use "our" classes like
> KoParagraphStyle since they allow us much greater flexibility)
> If you spot any regression I missed, please report it as soon as possible.

I have done some testing and I found some stuff that looks now not as good as
before. I'm not 100% sure where the problem is located bug one thing I noticed
quite havily is that the line height in presentations seems to be wrong now.
I have searched for the commit that is to blame and

is still ok while with

the distance is smaller. I have uploaded the files to

in after there are the images created with eff8fc
in before there are the images created with  8b1108

Also indention is a bit strange now. For second rows

I have uploaded 2 files for now showing the problem and can upload many more if
quite a lot of files look different now.

Would be good if you could fix that.