Duplicated KOffice/Calligra message catalogs

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Wed Jul 27 10:16:34 BST 2011

On Wednesday 27 July 2011 Jul, Burkhard Lück wrote:
> Hi Koffice and Calligra devels,
>
> the attachment KOffice-arbitration-decision.odt of this mail
> http://lists.kde.org/?l=koffice-devel&m=130782072113509&w=2
> says:
> <quote>
> 4 Co-installability
> It should be possible to install both projects in parallel.
> </quote>

Well, it goes on to say:

"However, team B is not responsible to do that for team A. If one team takes action to make co-installability possible (changing name spaces etc.) the other group is not allowed to interfere e.g. by changing their name spaces into the same names. "

This means that the Calligra team is not responsible for ensuring co-installability. All we have promised is not to hamper Thomas' efforts at reaching co-installability, so we won't rename our Ko* header files to K* header files (I wonder though at thinking behind that move, wasn't there a rule that only kdelibs classes could be K*). Frankly, I haven't got a good overview of everything that's needed to make co-installability really work.

In the end, it's no priority for us to make it possible for people to install KOffice next to Calligra.

--
Boudewijn Rempt