Regressions || Huston we have a problem

Cyrille Berger Skott cberger at cberger.net
Fri Jul 15 12:52:26 BST 2011

On Friday 15 July 2011, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Friday 15 July 2011 Jul, Sebastian Sauer wrote:
> > Aloha,
> >
> > yesterday at the ODF plugfest 2011 (
> > http://www.opendocsociety.org/news/2011- berlin-plugfest/ ) we had two
> > interoperability tests and failed on both of them. It seems both where
> > working at some point but cause of regressions didn't any longer at the
> > event. That is a problem.
> >
> > Let me add that the problem are NOT the regressions. That can happen. The
> > problem is that we did not discover them for more then a month till that
> > event.
> >
> > So, the question is how to improve that situation to make sure we are
> > able to discover regressions faster?
> >
> > I see two ways;
> > 1. unittests also for saving.
>
> We need those...
>
> > 2. cstester roundtrips.
>
> And those as well. Jos' server checks whether we can actually load all the
> kofficetests document, and even there we have failures.
jos's server does check whether it saves (and validation too I think ?). I am
trying to setup that on cruncher as well.

However, it mostly test if there are crashes, especially since we don't have a
proper way to validate the documents from calligra, since the koffice and
calligra extension namespace are not in the validation schema, so someone
would have to do that work.

But I guess it is also different of what Sebastian describe, for which we need
a volunteer to write the script that takes care of it.

--
Cyrille Berger Skott