nofill and nostroke support problem

Lukast dev lukast.dev at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 13:26:56 BST 2011

Hello,

Zagge discovered major problem for the nofill, nostroke patch. I would
like to ask you for help
how to make proper support for nofill, nostroke.

Currently I decided to implement the idea to render subpaths
separately so that I can turn off stroke and fill.
But...

> 1. When a shape has a filling and you create a shape with a hole in it like a doughnut it now also fills the hole in the center as both path are handled separately which they should not.

...then the path behaves differently when you setup fill rule [1]. If
I render the path by subpaths (convert them to QPainterPath and put
them in QPainter), the fill rule is broken as the path is not
evaluated correctly.

> 2. If you have a gradient background each subpath shows the full gradient inside itself instead over the complete shape.

I have no idea at all how gradient fills are done.

[1] http://doc.qt.nokia.com/latest/qt.html#FillRule-enum

Have you got idea how to do it correctly?

Lukas