Position of elements TOCs

Sebastian Sauer mail at dipe.org
Mon Jul 11 15:24:41 BST 2011

On Monday 11 July 2011 05:39:40 Thorsten Zachmann wrote:
> Hello Sebastian,
>
> when testing with cstester I found the following that some Headlines which
> are referenced in the TOC are no longer correctly aligned. They are moved
> to the left a bit.
> The commit that breaks it is
>
> 3eff92c01f932f5a6aed520431248fce8cef3dcb is the first bad commit
> commit 3eff92c01f932f5a6aed520431248fce8cef3dcb
> Author: Sebastian Sauer <sebastian.sauer at kdab.com>
> Date:   Thu Jul 7 20:44:19 2011 +0200
>
>     Fix letters are sometimes only visible after a relayout.
>
> So it seems to be related to KoBookmark. However I checked and the width,
> ascent and descent are set to 0. So not sue what is the reason for the
> move.
>
> Maybe you have an idea.

Fixed with 13094a783b4b72176c57fa4fd1159ebb06616ce8.

In general it's a very bad idea to insertBlock/insertText while other code
still deals with the QTextBlock cause the QTextBlock will still have the
previous state which is not in sync anymore with the QTextDocument cause
QTextBlock's, etc. may start at other positions now.

Also there is a problem with breaking the toc into parts to e.g. show it on
multiple pages. It seems some re-calculations in textlayout are wrong.