[calligra] libs/main: Show the current working directory by default when starting without args

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Jul 4 13:17:13 BST 2011

On Monday 04 July 2011 Jul, Marijn Kruisselbrink wrote:
> Why would you want the "current" working directory to be shown when you start
> an app from the kde menu and/or krunner or any of many other places where you
> invoke the application without having a clear concept of working directory?

> This might be a nice feature for people that start stuff from the command line
> often,

Yes, it is a very nice feature, and requested in a three-year old bug.

> but it seems like it would break for the much more common use-case of
> end-users starting apps from user interfaces...

I don't see what it breaks exactly -- the old situation where you'd show the directory from which you last opened a file is confusing, and since the last opened file is in the recent files list it's kind of superfluous.

I guess we could make it an option -- either the current working directory as it is now, or the Documents directory, if the application isn't opened with a file. The old situation was just nuts, in my opinion.

--
Boudewijn Rempt