Help, I need somebody's help (AKA Tables compilation problem on windows)

Johannes Simon johannes.simon at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 13:19:54 GMT 2011

Looks to me like you can't use a forward-declaration of CustomStylePrivate to declare a QSharedDataPointer<CustomStylePrivate> with. Try putting the class definition of CustomStylePrivate in its own header (something_p.h) and include it in Style.h instead of using this forward declaration. And why is it

class CustomStylePrivate::CustomStylePrivate : public QSharedData
{
public:
    QString name;
    StyleType type;
};

and not simply

class CustomStylePrivate : public QSharedData
{
public:
    QString name;
    StyleType type;
};

This seems odd to me, also since in the comment above the definition it says "CustomStyle::Private" (so which of the three is it really supposed to be now?). Does this code compile on other platforms?

Johannes