tools docker etc in plan

Pierre Stirnweiss pstirnweiss at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 25 14:33:17 GMT 2011

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 3:25 PM, Sven Langkamp <sven.langkamp at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 11:07 AM, Pierre Stirnweiss <
> pstirnweiss at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>> To be honest, I think we should think a bit further. My impression (when I
>> was looking into tools/plugins loading mechanism for the (still unfinished)
>> change tracking tool) is that the system is very rigid and basically depends
>> on the developer knowing what plugins are there what plugins would be
>> usefull. There also is the case where some tools of one particular plugin
>> does not make sense (expl, the change tracking tool of the textshape plugin
>> doesn't make sense outside words, because odf does not foresee change
>> tracking outside a text document).
>> I think we should revisit how our plugins/tools are loaded and allow more
>> flexibility at runtime to set which are the plugins to be loaded (also by
>> users). After all, the whole point of the plugin system is to allow external
>> plugins to be designed. So there should be a way to set this up, other than
>> calligra core developpers explicitely allowing/disallowing plugins/tools.
>>

> Only plugins that flake loads by default should need to be blacklisted.
> Usually external developers shouldn't add plugins with that type. The change
> tracking tool could be loaded as Words plugin, just as the Krita tools that
> have the Krita/Tool plugin type.

The change tracking tool is (and up to now) need to be a tool of the
textshape, so as far as I understand the system, I can't load the textshape
without the change tracking tool. But maybe there is something I overlooked.

But in a more general way, is there a way for me (as a user) to let's say,
have the music shape enabled for words and not for stages? Can I change this
at run time?

Pierre