Subject for usability testing

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Mon Jan 24 21:13:18 GMT 2011

> On Sunday 23 January 2011, Jaroslaw Staniek wrote:
> > I think dockers are more intensively discussed these weeks, with some
> > code appearing here ant there. So the answer IMHO would be: dockers.
> > Regarding startup, asking them about the current startup dialog would
> > result in notes we already more or less have (and probably some new).
> > So after we collect all the expected observations regarding the
> > startup, e.g. on the wiki pages like [1], the students' usability test
> > will be more than useful to validate correctness of the observati
>
> I would very much prefer to start from scratch here -- not try to fix
> issues with the current startup screen, or even with mockups based on the
> current mechanism, but go back to the roots.

+1 for starting from scatch (but I wouldn't completely throw away JStaniek's
mockups, they contain some quite interesting ideas imho). However, in case we
want them to test our ideas on that, we'd need to have something ready for
testing by March. So if you think we can come up with some design ideas and
some interactive prototype/mockup, I'd say that would make sense.