Flake tools at the bottom of the toolbox

Adam C. nospam at xibo.at
Wed Jan 19 12:47:54 GMT 2011

On Wed, 19 Jan 2011 11:01:48 +0100, Boudewijn Rempt <boud at valdyas.org>
wrote:

> On Wednesday 19 January 2011, C. Boemann wrote:
>> On Tuesday 18 January 2011, Sven Langkamp wrote:
>> > We should think about the possibility to remove some of the flake
>> tools.
>> > At the moment we have two tools for gradient, path and freehand.
>> Combining gradient,pattern tools to one, and combining path and
>> freehand tools
>> is very much on my wishlist.
>>
>> As for placing the krita tools on top, doesn't seem anymore
>> inconsistent than
>> placing them on the bottom.  The other apps don't have those tools so
>> how can
>> it be inconsistent.
>
> Well -- all apps have the default tool top-left -- if there's another
> tool there, it's inconsistent.

i agree, that it needs to be consistent in words, tables and presenter,
but krita has a completely different target group. i don't think, that
artists care, if krita is consistent with some other calligra app, but
they do care, if it is usable and convenient for them.

kexi for instance has a completely different user interface, it doesn't
have tools at all and this is ok, because it doesn't need tools. so it
should be ok for krita to be inconsistent with other apps as well.