Development of FreOffice towards Calligra Mobile

Jaroslaw Staniek staniek at kde.org
Mon Jan 17 21:56:49 GMT 2011

On 17 January 2011 22:28,  <suresh.chande at nokia.com> wrote:
> As FreOffice is maturing and getting better day by day it would be good to start to develop the Calligra way of working in planning future development of FreOffice and aligning with the Calligra release plans. Currently the code base is all part of Calligra trunk under tools. We think it would best fit into Calligra as a mobile edition of the suite and we could consider relocating or structuring FreOffice as mobile UI. We have been discussing that it would also be a good time to consider renaming FreOffice to align more closer to Calligra. Calligra Mobile is an option which might align with Calligra. It would be good to hear your opinion about this way of development for FreOffice.

[..]

Great list, Suresh.
I would add a small but important thing: making Calligra Mobile look
and feel ok when running on desktop. For now it lacks some icons (as
these have hardcoded share path for maemo). If the missing icons are
proprietary, replacements would be needed. Also some popups look a bit
strange, e.g. the one for alignment actions. Perhaps some ifdefs could
be added for desktop builds without simulator so the UI is more
similar in look and feel to a mobile UI.
Other than that, FreOffice/Calligra Mobile is already on good way.

And hello in 2011!

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek
 http://www.linkedin.com/in/jstaniek