koffice-essen branch interesting for a story in the Commit Digest?

Alexander van Loon a.vanloon at alexandervanloon.nl
Sun Jan 16 12:27:11 GMT 2011

On Sunday 16 January 2011 12:41:19 Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Sunday 16 January 2011, Alexander van Loon wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I’m Alexander van Loon and I contribute to the weekly Commit Digest appearing on dot.kde.org. I was wondering if we
could
> > write a story for the Commit Digest of the work which has gone into the http://websvn.kde.org/branches/work/koffice-
essen/
> > branch? I realize I’m a bit late with this question, because the last commit was five weeks ago.
> >
> > More importantly, here – http://websvn.kde.org/branches/work/koffice-essen/README?view=log – I read ‘creating the
feature
> > branch for the 2.3 freeze period’. Does that mean that the work has already been included in the KOffice 2.3 release, and
that
> > it is no longer interesting for the Commit Digest (the Digest is about the latest and greatest, after all)?
>
> No -- it's feature work done during the freeze for 2.3, so it'll be in Calligra 2.4. And sure, I think it could definitely work to
have a story about that branch and what it was for and so on. I can write one for you, or you can ping me on irc and ask
questions if you want to write the story yourself.

> --
> Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.valdyas.org, http://www.krita.org

Thank you for your help Boudewijn. I think it’s best if you write the story and e-mail it to me and if I have any questions or
comments then I’ll contact you through IRC (I assume you said IRC because your e-mail is down according to you identi.ca
account?). I’m not sure if you’ve written for us before, if not please take a look at http://commit-digest.org/ for examples of
other stories to get an impression of the length and content of the piece. Possibly some screenshots of the new features
provided by the koffice-essen branch would also be nice material to have.