Merge request of text layout restructuring

Pierre Stirnweiss pstirnweiss at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 14 13:20:45 GMT 2011

Well, I have only looked at the code through gitweb, which seems not to
allow an easy way of finding the relevant diff to master (maybe I am using
the tool incorrectly): the commits specific to this branch do not seem to be
highlighted. I have looked at the commits "Move text run around attributes
from Words frame class...", "Move Line out into a file of it's own" and
"Move Line and Outline  from Words to TextShape". I would have liked a way
to find a condensed diff to the master branch.

At first view, things seem ok. I have not yet tested the branch in real
life. I have a question though: what impact does it have (if any) on other
apps using the textshape (Stage comes to my mind)? These where not getting
this run-around behaviour from the textShape.

Another minor thing. Shouldn't the properties/methods "textRunAroundSide"
and "textRunAroundDistance" be called a more generic way? There might be
other shapes which would run their content around shapes (the musicShape
could an example of this). Perhaps remove the "text" from the name?
Also, to be more consistent, the Through enum should be named RunThrough, it
is after all set by setRunThrough().

In principle, I think we should merge this ASAP if we want it to be included
in the next release. There should be enough time to test it and iron out
things. The month before release would be a bad idea.

PierreSt