How should calligra apps start by default? Was: Re: Don't show template selection ui any longer

Jaroslaw Staniek staniek at kde.org
Fri Jan 14 12:47:23 GMT 2011

On 14 January 2011 13:32, Boudewijn Rempt <boud at valdyas.org> wrote:
> So... Maybe it's a good idea to start a real discussion on how we want Calligra apps to present themselves to the user at the first time.
>
> The current template dialog is said to be the result of usability work, though I've never seen the report nor the interaction design. Does anyone have those documents? I can't find my way through openusability anymore.

Neither I can find that. Thomas referred to 'extensive research' for
the exisitng GUI more than once in our discussions, thus cutting them.
Once I proposed some mockups [1] (and demonstrated them them again in
more recent times). Minor note: now we're entering QML era it may be
perhaps implementable using QML. I tried using QtWebKit but it was
suboptimal.

I have one proposal on how to make the startup screen available and
non-intrusive, please let me show it later today on a mockup.

[1] http://lists.kde.org/?l=koffice-devel&m=115317021009805&w=2

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek
 http://www.linkedin.com/in/jstaniek