Configuration dialogs for Calligra Applications

Shantanu Tushar Jha jhahoneyk at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 13:53:20 GMT 2011

Hi all,

    We had a discussion on IRC about this (mainly with Boemann and Cyrille)
and we reached an agreement that the shared configuration dialogs can be
implemented using the same way tables does it using
tables/part/dialogs/PreferenceDialog.

So the idea is to have a PreferenceDialog in libs/main/ which is then loaded
by a menu entry (corresponding to an action) in KoView. This in effect
should add the entry to all apps using KoView and hence we can share common
settings like autosave.

An application can add custom pages to this dialog by calling a KoView
method with the Page it wishes to add.

So, I will be implementing as said above, and being a newcomer here, I'd
really love to hear suggestions about this. Please reply!

Cheers!

--

Shantanu Tushar    (UTC +0530)
http://www.shantanutushar.com