Looking for a list of TODO items for a newcoming

Chris Morgan chmorgan at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 15:26:21 GMT 2011

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 4:16 AM, Jean-Nicolas Artaud
<jeannicolasartaud at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2011/2/15 C. Boemann <cbo at boemann.dk>
>>
>> On Tuesday 15 February 2011 03:23:56 Chris Morgan wrote:
>> > Hello.
>> >
>> > I was interested in working on calligra and was wondering if there was
>> > a list of items that a beginner could start with.
>
> Oh wonderful, welcome on board then.
>

>> there probably are things, but it's better if you say what areas interest
>> you.
>> Then we can probably find something in that area. The reason I answer like
>> this
>> is because finding something you think is funny is probably going to make
>> you
>> stay.
>
> Yes, true, and also which application(s) of Calligra (maybe all :-) ) you
> like and want to work on.
> I am also wondering if you know little/normal/well the C++ with KDE/Qt.
> Then, you'll have the perfect task :D
>>
>> best regards
>> Casper Boemann
>
> Best regards,
>
> --
> Jean-Nicolas

Heh.

I'm proficient in c/c++. I've written a few basic qt apps and I'm able
comfortable searching through the qt online api docs. I've also used
qtdesigner a little bit.

I've been doing oss development for some time now. Comfortable with
autotools and makefiles but prefer cmake, familiar with git/svn/cvs.

I was particularly interested in calligra because its design, based on
qt, seems better than that of libreoffice and I'd rather put effort
behind the better design. I was also interested in cross platform
support, calligra on windows/mac.

Chris