Notes on using Stage

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Sun Feb 13 08:32:58 GMT 2011

On Sunday 13 February 2011, Thorsten Zachmann wrote:
> On Monday, February 07, 2011 09:39:25 Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > As you all know, I gave a presentation on Calligra at Fosdem yesterday.
> > There wasn't much audience at 16:00 on a Sunday afternoon, so there's
> > wasn't much response from the audience. But at least nobody heckled me
> > over the split.
> >
> > Anyway, apart from a few crashers, I've kept notes of what didn't work
> > correctly (or at all) when I created my slides. I can send the slides to
> > anyone who wants to give it a try. It's a fairly hefty presentation,
> > calculated to take forty minutes to present.
> >

> > stage notes
> >
> > * home and end don't work when editing a note
> > * can't d&d or cut&paste an image
>
> That works for me. Can you please describe on how to reproduce. Maybe it is a
> local problem.

Open stage and a presentation. Open ksnapshot. Take a snapshot. Drag from ksnapshot into stage -- nothing happens. The cursors keeps showing the no drop zone icon.

http://www.valdyas.org/~boud/fosdem_2011.odp. It's 4.1 mb -- but also check the valgrind log I mailed about:

http://www.valdyas.org/~boud/stage_loading_fosdem_presentation.callgrind

> > * notes view didn't work when giving the presentation
>
> can you explain a bit more detailed what you mean here

I wanted to see my notes on my laptop screen and my presentation on the beamer, so I connected the beamer, configured the outputs and then started Stage. I found only one output in the presentater view dialog.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.valdyas.org, http://www.krita.org