Calligra Stages Coding

Jean-Nicolas Artaud jeannicolasartaud at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 09:13:28 GMT 2011

2011/2/10 Paul Méndez <paulestebanms at gmail.com>

> Hello, I read your blog about Calligra Stage Coding. I am reviewing Stage
> Code, and I expect to start with some bug fixing. While I was trying Stages,
> I noticed that Show Status Bar option didn't save the last state. I use some
> code of words to fix it. Maybe you could review the code, and show me where
> I can find some bug fixing task or junior jobs to start working.

Hey Paul, that's great news dude ;)
Welcome on board !

You will have fun with us. Something interesting you can do is to join the
Calligra devel mailling lists here :
Right now, I am sending your mail to the mailing list, because it is not my
part, and every one should know and be able to review your work. Thank you
for this !

There are no junior bugs declared, but Thorsten (the Stage maintainer) and I
think that you should work on the slides sorter bugs:

boud's quote: "if I have selected a slide in the slide sorter and go to
normal view, I want to view that slide. And double-clicking a slide should
go to that slide for normal view as well."
I have a fix for that, but it will make you discover the slide sorter and
the document view better I think.

New implementations needed (I haven't worked on it for now):
 * multi selection and move of the slides
 * be able to easily choose the number of column
 * be able to choose the size of the slides items (maybe zoom in/out) to be
able to have an overview of the whole presentation or just a part

Do you agree to work on that ? If not, I can try to find you something else,
but I really think it is a good start !

> Regards
> Paul

Best regards