Passing an integer to a string to a method having QString as a parameter signature

C. Boemann cbo at boemann.dk
Tue Feb 8 13:34:55 GMT 2011

On Tuesday 08 February 2011 13:59:47 Gopalakrishna Bhat wrote:
> I was looking as this piece of code in KoTextEditor.cpp
>

> void KoTextEditor::newLine()
> {
>    d->updateState(KoTextEditor::Private::Custom, i18n("Line Break"));
>    if (d->caret.hasSelection())
>        d->deleteInlineObjects();
>    KoTextDocument koDocument(d->document);
>    KoStyleManager *styleManager = koDocument.styleManager();
>    KoParagraphStyle *nextStyle = 0;
>    KoParagraphStyle *currentStyle = 0;
>    if (styleManager) {
>        int id =
> d->caret.blockFormat().intProperty(KoParagraphStyle::StyleId);
>        currentStyle = styleManager->paragraphStyle(id);
>        if (currentStyle == 0) // not a style based parag.  Lets make the
> next one correct.
>            nextStyle = styleManager->defaultParagraphStyle();
>        else
>            nextStyle =
> styleManager->paragraphStyle(currentStyle->nextStyle());
>        Q_ASSERT(nextStyle);
>        if (currentStyle == nextStyle)
>            nextStyle = 0;
>    }
> .
> .
> .
>
> }
>

> Here the parameter passed to styleManager->paragraphStyle(id) is a integer
> whereas its signature shows that it is a const QString....Is this the right
> way to call or am I missing something?
>
> //snippet from KoStyleManager.cpp
> KoParagraphStyle *KoStyleManager::paragraphStyle(const QString &name) const
> {
>     foreach(KoParagraphStyle *style, d->paragStyles) {
>         qDebug()<<Q_FUNC_INFO<<" name "<<name<<"style->name
> "<<style->name();
>         if (style->name() == name)
>             return style;
>     }
>     return 0;

from KoStyleManager.h:

    /**
     * Return a paragraphStyle by its id.
     * From documents you can retrieve the id out of each QTextBlockFormat
     * by requesting the KoParagraphStyle::StyleId property.
     * @param id the unique Id to search for.
     * @see KoParagraphStyle::styleId()
     */
    KoParagraphStyle *paragraphStyle(int id) const;