release schedule proposal

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Wed Feb 2 10:47:10 GMT 2011

On Wed, 2 Feb 2011, Inge Wallin wrote:

> While this is true, the Linux distros work the same way. I think we should ask
> the packagers first what they think of the idea.

I think packaging is mostly automated these days. It'll be possible, though, that
one or more of the distros will pick a snapshot that fits their schedule and bundle
it. I would be fine with that, actually, if we keep master stable.

> Good!  I didn't see this in the original suggestion, though.  Hence my
> objections.  I dislike it a little bit less now. :-)  Do you have any thoughts
> on when to interrupt this scheme

Basically, when we agree that Calligra is now ready for real users. Given that
I have found nine big issues with Stage while preparing three slides for Fosdem,
it might take a couple of months... (I'm keeping a list.)

> and go to X releases per year (4 is not yet
> decided)?

That number is something we can discuss at the sprint -- but personally,
I like anything from 4 to 6 :-)

Boudewijn