review-request: Calligra Words performance work

Thorsten Zachmann t.zachmann at zagge.de
Tue Feb 1 07:24:34 GMT 2011

Hello Sebastian,

On Monday, January 31, 2011 17:00:55 Sebastian Sauer wrote:
> Hi *,
>
> please find attached[1] a patch (diff between master and the
> words-layout_performance-sebsauer branch) that improves
> layouting-performance of Calligra Words.

 void KWTextFrameSet::requestMoreFrames(qreal textHeight)
 {
-    //kDebug() <<"KWTextFrameSet::requestMoreFrames" << textHeight;
     if (frameCount() == 0)
         return; // there is no way we can get more frames anyway.
     KWTextFrame *lastFrame = static_cast<KWTextFrame*>(frames()
[frameCount()-1]);
-    if (!lastFrame)
-        return;
+    Q_ASSERT(lastFrame);

Maybe you should add the test again after the assert as the variable is used
afterwards.

Thorsten