Application Icons

Cyrille Berger Skott cberger at cberger.net
Sat Dec 31 09:05:01 GMT 2011

Hi,

I was looking into our application icons situation, there are a couple of
problems.

First of all to the exception of Karbon, Kexi and Krita, we don't have (yet)
icons in oxygen. And anyway, in case user don't have oxygen (like on gnome),
we need fallback in hicolor.

Here is our current situation:

words   : old oyxgen icon
table    : no icon
stage   : old 1.x icon
plan     : current oxygen icon with the KOffice logo
flow      : no icon
kexi      : no icon
karbon : old 1.x icon
krita     : old 1.x icon

My suggestion is that we install in hi color the oxygen icon that we had for
KOffice application, and remove the KOffice logo from them. Also, we probably need
to contact the oxygen team so that they remove (or authorize us to do it) that
logo from the Karbon, Kexi and Krita icons, in the oxygen set.

An other issue, is that the icon for words, stage and plans are called apps-
words instead of apps-calligrawords. But that is easy to fix.

So are there any objections to my suggestion ?

--
Cyrille Berger Skott