Help regarding project

Panks pankajxdx at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 14:11:11 GMT 2011

On Mon, Dec 26, 2011 at 2:32 PM, Sebastian Sauer <mail at dipe.org> wrote:

> **
> On 12/26/2011 07:42 AM, Panks wrote:
>
> Sorry for late reply, College reopening next week so have few assignments
> to deal with in this week.
> Hello Sebastian :-)
> Anyway, I made that skeleton work, now it is showing pdf files in 'Open
> Document' window and pushed it to kde git too.
>

> Seems I am not anle to see it in our git-repository... did you do those;
>

> git checkout master -b filter-words-pdfimport-panks
> git commit -a
> git push
>
> steps and did it succeed?
>

>  I went through that Outputdev file once roughly. Can you please give me
> some hint on what should I hit upon/do next?
>

> I think we need to have an own poppler OutputDev implementation in a
> similar way like at
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/poppler/poppler/tree/utils/HtmlOutputDev.cc<http://cgit.freedesktop.org/poppler/poppler/tree/utils/>.
> We first can add a skeleton for that that does nothing more but to
> reimplement the beginString/endString/addChar methods and then write them
> calligra/filters/words/ascii/AsciiImport.cpp does.
>
> For that we are maybe forced to get a complete copy of poppler into e.g.
> calligra/filters/words/pdfimport/poppler/* when upstream doesn't allow to
> link against the libpoppler-library. We will see.
>
> Then we would have the very basic thing already working; read the strings
> and put them into a ODT so the plain-text becomes visible in Words when our
> import-filter loads a PDF. As next step we could then add simple
> formattings like font-style, bold/italic/underline/etc and once that is
> done add the code to handle images.
>
> Please make sure that your current code is in our git so I can help direct
> on the concrete code-base with getting this points named above
> accomplished. Lot of thanks in advance :-)

Hello,

I pulled the poppler in /filters/words/pdfimport/poppler
and created files pdfoutputdev.h and pdfoutputdev.cpp
in /filters/words/pdfimport/poppler/utils
but while pushing in to kde git I got this error
http://paste.kde.org/178730/
I tried 'git commit --amend --reset-author' but still I am getting the same
error.

What is causing problem here?
*
*
*
*
Pankaj
UG Student *|* Dept. of Computer Science and Engineering
IIT Madras, Chennai, India