Marketing Message for Calligra

Thorsten Zachmann t.zachmann at zagge.de
Fri Dec 23 12:42:12 GMT 2011

On Friday, December 23, 2011 12:32:24 Inge Wallin wrote:
> > > But still it worked for them insofar as that journalists and bloggers
> > > parrotted this press release. Some real buzz was created around
> > > LibreOffice on Android. If we don't tell people that we have done more
> > > already and will do more still then we can never push Calligra to the
> > > front.
> >

> > Yes, but you see, there is a huge difference between making a press
> > release that say "Calligra is leading the way to free software office
> > application to mobile devices with the Harmattan Office" and describing
> > Calligra as the leader of free office on mobile device.
>
> Please don't talk down to me.  I think I have marketed just as many
> products  in my career as you have.
>
> Yes, there is a difference.  And the difference is that the first way is
> cautious, and a bit cowardly as if you don't have as much to be proud
> of.  The  second is bold and shows that you are going places.

Let me state my opinion too. I agree with Cyrille that using a statement like
leader of free office on mobile devices might be a bit bold. There is office-tools
which is based on calligra but it is more a example for the engine as saying
it is a calligra product. The solution we have is CalligraMobile but I guess
it is in less devices then office-tools the document app on the N9 as it is not
on the N900 per default. So that might already put us on second place for the
mobile world.

I think we should state we have versions for all these available but saying we
are the leader is a bit to much in my opinion.

I agree we should make much more noise about all the stuff we have available.
But that is more for blogs then for our website.

Thorsten