UI suggestion: make grid behind shapes

Yue Liu yue.liu at mail.com
Tue Dec 20 07:14:50 GMT 2011

Hello,

I investigated a set of commercial diagramming applications and found
they put grid behind shapes, while currently we're doing the opposite.
The advantage of making grid behind shapes is the user will have a
better impression to the shapes they are manipulating, while this may
cause trouble to creative apps like Karbon and Krita where grid on top
of shape is needed for tweaking overlap of two shapes, so I suggest
paint grid before shapes in kopageapp and words while keep the current
strategy in Karbon and Krita.

What do you think about this idea?

--
Best Regards,