[sqlite-dev] SQLite packaging, again

Jaroslaw Staniek staniek at kde.org
Wed Dec 14 17:34:39 GMT 2011

On 14 December 2011 18:13, Roger Binns <rogerb at rogerbinns.com> wrote:

> Why are you posting to sqlite-dev?  I don't see any relevancy.
>
> SQLite does not have collations builtin.  There is an API where you can
> register whatever collations you want:
>
>  http://www.sqlite.org/c3ref/create_collation.html
>
> There is another API where you can find out about collations on demand:
>
>  http://www.sqlite.org/c3ref/collation_needed.html
>
> There is another API where you can be called on every database connection
> being created:
>
>  http://www.sqlite.org/c3ref/auto_extension.html
>
> Between these 3 APIs every existing user of SQLite has been able to do
> what they want.  The ICU extension shipped with SQLite can be compiled
> separately and hooks into the APIs above.

Hi Roger,
Thank for the pointers, I do know the first two extensions functions.
I would use them if I decide to ship a copy of the extension. But I
did not consider using Statically Linked Extensions via
sqlite3_auto_extension. The issue arise from the fact that there is at
least one sqlite3IcuInit() call - in sqlite's main.c.

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek
 http://www.linkedin.com/in/jstaniek