Selling Krita through Apple AppStore

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Sat Dec 10 10:39:42 GMT 2011

On Friday 09 December 2011 Dec, Jaroslaw Staniek wrote:
> On 9 December 2011 20:08, Alex Sarmiento <alexsarmiento at me.com> wrote:
> >  Hey, Apple was ok about publishing VLC at their Store, but some developers wont(VLC/Nokia developer(s) made a lot of users unhappy, not Apple). Anyway, you are able to install it via jailbreak , so there's no legal issues.
> >
> > Besides,we are talking about a Mac computers, not  IOS devices
>
> Yes, Macs. So there is no reason not to provide installation package
> for download directly from calligra.org and get the 100% of the
> _donations_.

But you'd get much less exposure because Mac users more or less have completely stopped looking outside the app store for their software fix. I completely agree that the app store model is horribly bad for freedom -- and I wouldn't be surprised at all if OS X got closed down in the next version so users without a developers license cannot install anything anymore except through the app store.

--
Boudewijn Rempt